Monday, February 23, 2009

40 lb Weight Loss Story



Dear Fat Butt,

Although it took me over a year to do it, I lost 40 pounds, first by following a Weight Watchers type regimen and then following the American Heart Association guidelines, which happen to correspond very nicely with WW.

The biggest helps?

1. Watching my fat intake was a biggie. Fat lurks everywhere. The point system for WW helped me to see how much of my daily allotment was going to be taken up by a fatty choice versus a low fat choice.

2. I didn't put anything on the "never" list. Knowing that I could make choices made the whole process a lot easier.

3. I learned what a portion truly was. I think most Americans would be shocked to realize how many helpings they are truly eating!!! For instance, did you know that a serving of ice cream is 1/2 cup? Let me tell you, that is an awfully small serving when put into a typical bowl! Which is why I started using little dessert cups for my snacks and medium sized plates for my meals. The mind is a wonderful thing to deceive!

I have now hit that deadly plateau and my eating modification simply won't take off the last 30. So....I will have to start exercising, which for me, is a four letter word. I'll keep reading your blog and hope to get inspired!

Teri

Teri B. Clark
Professional Writer and Published Author
Your Key to Writing Success
www.teribclark.com
teribclark@gmail.com

No comments: